Skip to content
- Court, V., 2019. A reassessment of the Great Divergence debate: towards a reconciliation of apparently distinct determinants. European Review of Economic History. (Link to advance article).
- Court, V., 2019. An estimation of different minimum exergy return ratios required for society. BioPhysical Economics and Resource Quality, 4(3): 11. (Link to article)
- Court, V., 2018. Energy capture, technological change, and economic growth: an evolutionary perspective. BioPhysical Economics and Resource Quality, 3(3): 12. (Link to article)
- Court, V., Jouvet, P.-A., & Lantz, F., 2018. Long-term endogenous economic growth and energy transitions. Energy Journal, 39(1): 29–57. (Link to article)
- Court, V., & Fizaine, F., 2017. Long-term estimates of the energy-return-on-investment (EROI) of coal, oil, and gas global productions. Ecological Economics, 138: 145–159. (Link to article)
- Fizaine, F., & Court, V., 2016. Energy expenditures, economic growth, and the minimum EROI of society. Energy Policy, 95: 172–186. (Link to article)
- Fizaine, F., & Court, V., 2015. Renewable electricity producing technologies and metal depletion: a sensitivity analysis using the EROI. Ecological Economics, 110: 106–118. (Link to article)
- Bovari, E., & Court, V. Energy, knowledge, and demo-economic development in the long run: a unified growth model. Chair Energy & Prosperity Working Paper, 25 March 2019. (Link to article)
- Court, V., & Mc Isaac, F. A simple phenomenological model of the world population dynamics. Chair Energy & Prosperity Working Paper, 19 November 2018. (Link to article)
Works in progress
- Court, V., & Sorrell, S. Digitalisation of goods: a systematic review of the determinants and magnitude of impacts on energy consumption.
- Court, V., Sorrell, S., & Drabik, E. Digitally-assisted sharing of goods: a systematic review of the determinants and magnitude of environmental impacts.
- Hook, A., Court, V., Sovacool, B., & Sorrell, S. A systematic review of the energy and environmental impacts of teleworking.
- Brockway, P., Semeniuk, G., Sorrell, S., Heun, M., & Court, V. Energy efficiency improvements and large economy-wide rebound: evidence and implications for the Paris Agreement.
- Court, V., 2016. Energy, EROI, and Economic Growth in a Long-Term Perspective. Ph.D. Thesis in Economics, Université Paris Nanterre.
- 24th EAERE Annual Conference, 26–29 June 2019, Manchester, United Kingdom.
- 18th World Economic History Congress, 29 July – 3 August 2018, Boston, USA.
- 6th International Symposium on Environment and Energy Finance Issues, 24–25 May 2018, Paris, France.
- 67th Annual Meeting of the French Economic Association, 14–16 May 2018, Paris, France.
- 3rd International Exergy Economics Workshop, 14–15 May 2018, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 39th IAEE International Conference, 19–22 June 2016, Bergen, Norway.
- 3rd Science for Energy Scenarios, 6–11 March 2016, Les Houches, France.
- 5th IAFOR Asian Conference on Sustainability, Energy, and the Environment, 11–14 June 2015, Kobe, Japan.
- 1st FAERE Annual Conference, 11–12 September 2014, Montpellier, France.
Invited talks, workshops & research seminars
- Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate change’s workshop on systematic reviews in the social sciences for climate change assessments, 15-17 October 2018, Berlin, Germany.
- BIEE’s Oxford Research Conference, 18–19 September 2018, Oxford, UK.
- CEE-M (ex LAMETA) Research Seminar, 20 December 2017, Montpellier, France.
- LIED Research Seminar, 19 September 2017, Paris, France.
- Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy, Workshop on EROI, 30 June 2017, London, United Kingdom.
- HEC Montreal Energy Seminar, 28 February 2017, Montreal, Canada.
- X-Environment Association, 12 December 2016, Paris, France.
- European Nuclear Young Generation Forum, 24 June 2015, Paris, France.